Friday, June 12, 2009

Intuitions

Midnight around half past 12 i got call and got informed that one of my uncle passed away. In the sound of fancy ring tone my wife already woken up. Normally heavy thunder bolts fail to wake her up in the night. After some time i was indecisively oscillating between whether to start now or next morning. Finally decided to take a taxi in the morning and travel with my wife and 2 year old kid to madurai for attending the funeral.

Morning i woke up early, informed colleagues and packing up things for a short travel. I had to wait for an hour for taxi.. Meanwhile my mother and my wife were discussing about what to fill in the luggage space of car when returning from tamilnadu and calculating how much they will save in next grocery purchase. My wife was also indicating me through the kid like this, " Kidooo.. don't worry this time we will visit your granny's place." that is, we have to go to my in-law's place while coming back, its on the way. I was doing a calculation of money that i have to shell out.

I was searching for a nice book to read while traveling, which i always do whenever i am traveling. This time i got hold of a book which i wanted to read for more than a year. The book is "Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. I started to read the book in time i waited for taxi to come. It was talking about intuition and inner voice and things like that.

When taxi came, i some how felt i should travel alone not with family. Then i strongly said my wife to stay back. She accepted to do so after some small fight. Then i started in the white indica. I felt sleepy when the taxi started moving.. Saw the back seat.. Completely empty and inviting me to sleep over it, but i remembered about the book and started reading it.

Without a stop car was moving forward so as my reading grows in to the book. Whenever i take eye from the book, it goes to the rear view mirror near the driver. There was no mirror in the holder. I could sense and feel something about it whenever i looked at it. It was around 4 to 5 times i looked. After traveling around 100 kilometers we are now between krishnagiri and dharmapuri. I have finished around 60 pages. In-between the driver was talking about his adventures over last trips. I didn't want to stop him. that slowed down my reading. I feel like wearing a seat belt and also felt like asking about the rear view mirror. I have joined driving class a day earlier to my travel, in that the first lesson taught was to adjust rear view mirror when you get in to the car. The driving teacher told me it is very important one. So this time i wanted ask about it and also feel like wearing seat belt.

i don't know why, but the book talks about intuition, inner voice and omens. We were traveling in 120Km/hour speed because the road was amazingly good. when we were around 167 km we were traveling through a hilly region, where i could see some monkeys and all crossing the road. Lot of curves in the path because of hill, in one of the curve we had to go slow because of the continuous humps. We were going very slowly on that. The next moment Suddenly i was pushed forward and i am seeing driver is getting banked his face on the steering and meanwhile a big sound from back.

The tanker hit our car from behind, the poor indica's back seat is completely crushed near and shrunk. I was very fortunate to have no injury or scratch even. But the driver's face is bleeding. We had to run and catch the lorry and found that the lorry fellow is trying to stop but couldn’t. Finally with help of some rocks we could. With in 2 min of call L&T officials who were in-charge of that part came and did first-aid for the driver. Then we called police, resolved and so on.

I don't want to imagine what would have happened if i would have traveled with my wife and my kid. We would have definitely sat in the back seat only. The book was suggesting giving respect and attention to the intuitions. I developed lot of respect for the concept conveyed in the book.

i completed the book on the same day while coming back without attending the funeral. I recommended to all of my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for saving you and your family and may your intuition work for your benefit in future.

    For this specific example a better intuitive action which would have saved everybody and the driver is this - "I feel like wearing a seat belt and also felt like asking about the rear view mirror." especially when travelling at 120km/hr on highways..!

    There is a reason why someone invented the seatbelt and why its mandatory in most countries for everybody including babies.
    -Helios

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helios,

    thanks a lot for your comments.

    regards,
    Manivel

    ReplyDelete

I Feel Therefore I am Headline Animator